WOW…I can’t believe that Liam’s first Christmas has come and gone. We had such a fun time with him. Of course he was not that interested. He basically grabbed the wrapping paper and tissue paper and put it straight in his mouth! We went to Falmouth for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for my family side of things. We traveled back to Lexington late Christmas Eve to go to the Christmas Eve Service at church. It was a lovely service. The weekend after Christmas we went to Glasgow for Brock’s Family side of Christmas. Liam rolled over twice and we got it on film!! We are convinced that he has probably been rolling over awhile at day care and we just didn’t know. We think that they probably don’t tell parents when things like that happen because they don’t want us to be upset that we missed it. This is just a guess though. Brock said that when he dropped Liam off at daycare and told Monique that he rolled over she was not really that shocked…hmmmmm.
Liam met two new cousins over the Christmas holiday. Jesse Michael is the son of my cousin Jaime. He was born a week before Liam, but was 2 months early. He has come a long way from his tiny 3 pound start! It was cute to see them together…finally!
Brock’s cousin John Eric and his wife Courtney had their son Conner Hays two days before Christmas! Therefore, they could not make it to the Marrs’ family Christmas. So, as children of the information and technology age we think it is only fitting that they met each other on Skype! Skype is person to person communication over the internet. It is like using your computer as a video phone. We even took pictures. How cute!!!
Just before Christmas Liam got a terrible cold. He woke up in the middle of the night with Croup. What followed was a poor little guy who couldn’t sleep and couldn’t breathe very well. He is finally doing better.
He is getting fat! He weighed 16 pounds at his last doctor visit! I bet he is almost 18 now.
When he was sick he was not sleeping very well he went from getting up just once a night to waking up 2 or 3 times. We are back on track now! There was one night before Christmas that he slept through from 11-7:30 AM! The only problem was that I was up ALL night with Barnes. He got sick every 20 minutes. We took him to the vet the next day and found out he has swallowed something that was not passing very well. I was exhausted!!! We were glad that Barnes was ok. He loved his new camo toy...

One thing I have learned is the difference between sleeping through the night as an adult vs. sleeping through the night as a child/infant. They want me to be satisfied with him sleeping 4 or 5 hours at this point. The problem is that he has always slept at least 4 or 5 hours. (except when he was sick). So, now I guess I am just ready for a little more sleep...haha. I guess Christy is right…she says that your saving grace is that eventually they do sleep “through the night”. We will see...I guess.
When he was sick he was not sleeping very well he went from getting up just once a night to waking up 2 or 3 times. We are back on track now! There was one night before Christmas that he slept through from 11-7:30 AM! The only problem was that I was up ALL night with Barnes. He got sick every 20 minutes. We took him to the vet the next day and found out he has swallowed something that was not passing very well. I was exhausted!!! We were glad that Barnes was ok. He loved his new camo toy...
One thing I have learned is the difference between sleeping through the night as an adult vs. sleeping through the night as a child/infant. They want me to be satisfied with him sleeping 4 or 5 hours at this point. The problem is that he has always slept at least 4 or 5 hours. (except when he was sick). So, now I guess I am just ready for a little more sleep...haha. I guess Christy is right…she says that your saving grace is that eventually they do sleep “through the night”. We will see...I guess.
Liam is such a good baby! I mean we tote him around everywhere in our busy little lives and he just goes with the flow. He is so chill. It is awesome and we realize how lucky we are to have such a laid back baby! He was even an angel when he was sick. Unbelievable.
We think he may have some teeth coming in. Recently, he has also been grabbing his toes and holding on to both feet. It is so cute. He does it and it looks as if he is thinking “Look Mom and Dad! Look what I can do!”
I will say that there is nothing like looking at your child and having them smile at you! When they smile at you with that big grin and their eyes sparkle. Ahhh…there is nothing in life better than that smile! Hope you all are having a happy new year!
I have posted a few more pics below. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I'm so excited to see new pictures!!! I looove his John Deere boots hahaha- you guys are busy like us and you are right- totally lucky to have a chill kid who just goes with it! He is getting so big so fast, just wait.... soon he'll be crawling!!!! I'm glad he's feeling better- Bode says 'what's up Liam'
Post a Comment