~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First trip to DC…A few weeks ago Liam and I went to DC! Some of you may or may not know that I use to live in DC. I was invited to my friend, Alejandra’s wedding in Leesburg, VA. So, I decided I would take Liam with me and we would visit all my friends.
So, off we went on Liam’s 2nd plane ride. He did great on the way there. We then went to Georgetown to have lunch with my former boss. It was so good to see her, but I forgot to take pictures!! I am upset about that.
Here he is with my friend Collins. Collins went to the wedding with me. He drove and helped me take care of Liam. Thanks so much Collins!!!
~~~~~~~~~~
These next few shots were taken while Liam was playing on the air mattress at my friend Crystal and Troy’s house. He is so cute! He now has a tooth coming through on top. He has been working on these teeth for about a month. We are very happy they are almost here!


Liam’s first ride on the metro! He doesn’t look like he is very sure about it!
Crystal, Liam, and I went to a café in DuPont Circle to meet up with one of our old roommates John. We call him Huggies because when he was a baby he was in a Huggies commercial! It was so good to see them.
On our walk in DuPont Circle we walked past the first Chipotle I had ever eaten at about 7 years ago! I couldn’t believe how big the burritos were! Now it is a family favorite…although I am fonder of the burrito bowl now!
These next few shots were taken while Liam was playing on the air mattress at my friend Crystal and Troy’s house. He is so cute! He now has a tooth coming through on top. He has been working on these teeth for about a month. We are very happy they are almost here!
~~~~~~~~~
Our next stop was my friend Kasey and Bill’s house. Bill is a State Trooper for Virginia and he was not home because he was doing some training. Kasey agreed to have me over for a cookout. Everything was wonderful.

This is Liam with Anna at Kasey’s house. Anna just moved from Florida and was staying with Kasey for a few months. She made Liam laugh a lot.

Our next BIG visit was lunch plans with our friend Michael, Christy, and Bode Madara! We met Michael and Christy on our honeymoon and most of you all know that we got the idea to do this blog from them. They started a blog for Bode when he was born! They live in Pennsylvania, but they drove to DC on that Sunday to have lunch with us. It was so good to see them and I am so glad they were able to make it.
Bode and Liam meeting for the first time!
How sweet!
Christy holding Liam. He really liked Bode’s cup!
Liam, Christy, and Bode!

It was really hot that day in DC so we bought some water bottles. Bode really liked the water bottles.
Michael, Me, Christy, Bode, and Liam in front of The Washington Monument!
Christy holding Liam.

Me and Bode drinking the water bottle. The sun was really in my face here! Haha
Bode was showing off his sunglasses to Liam.
We tried to get a group picture of the boys and have Bode hold Liam. The problem was Bode was really wet from all the water from the water bottles! Liam didn’t like that very much…haha! It was so good to see you guys! Thank you so much for driving to meet us! Hopefully we’ll get to take that cruise for our 5 year anniversary!!!
After a long and exciting weekend, Liam was ready to go home. Here he is waiting for the plane in the airport.
He loved looking out the window. This was so different than the first time I flew with Liam. He was so much more aware of what was going on.

Needless to say on the way home was a different story than on the way there. First of all, Liam is used to being laid down before he falls asleep. Our flight back was at 8pm. Therefore I was going to have hold him as he fell asleep. This did not go over well. He wasn’t terrible, but I definitely felt like “That lady on a plane with a baby!”. Haha! The really funny part was that at one point the stewardess came and offered for me to stand up in the front of the plane to help get him to sleep. I thought this would work, but once I got up there he got REALLY interested in all the lights and switches. It was hilarious as he was trying to moving all around and look at EVERYTHING. So, I just went back and sat down. He eventually fell asleep, but it was not easy. HAHA!


He loves to stick his tongue out and can shake his head “no-no” . He also waved bye-bye a few times. We are having so much fun and can’t believe so much changes so fast!
Hopefully, I can post some pictures of the new house soon! We hope you are all doing well!!
Our next BIG visit was lunch plans with our friend Michael, Christy, and Bode Madara! We met Michael and Christy on our honeymoon and most of you all know that we got the idea to do this blog from them. They started a blog for Bode when he was born! They live in Pennsylvania, but they drove to DC on that Sunday to have lunch with us. It was so good to see them and I am so glad they were able to make it.
It was really hot that day in DC so we bought some water bottles. Bode really liked the water bottles.
Me and Bode drinking the water bottle. The sun was really in my face here! Haha
Needless to say on the way home was a different story than on the way there. First of all, Liam is used to being laid down before he falls asleep. Our flight back was at 8pm. Therefore I was going to have hold him as he fell asleep. This did not go over well. He wasn’t terrible, but I definitely felt like “That lady on a plane with a baby!”. Haha! The really funny part was that at one point the stewardess came and offered for me to stand up in the front of the plane to help get him to sleep. I thought this would work, but once I got up there he got REALLY interested in all the lights and switches. It was hilarious as he was trying to moving all around and look at EVERYTHING. So, I just went back and sat down. He eventually fell asleep, but it was not easy. HAHA!
This picture is from Mother’s Day weekend. We were driving to Glasgow Friday night for dinner and Mary Keene sat in the back to help take care of Liam. They both fell asleep.
By the way, the women at daycare told me they have been having problems with Liam taking his naps because his crib is right next to Jackson's crib. Jackson is one of his classmates. Apparently Liam and Jackson talk all the way through nap time! He is our little socialite!
Here is a picture of cutie pie in front of the beautiful Azalea bush that is in front of our old house. He can now say Ma-Ma, but he seems to only say it when he is whining. It is still very cute.
1 comment:
Yea for Liam updates! (Bout time.) Was great seeing you guys; congrats on the house!
Post a Comment