Two weeks in…things are going well at daycare and we (WE) have already learned so much. Our first day was sad, but we have quickly grown to love it. The biggest reason is that everyone is soooo happy!! It really makes it easy to leave him there. Although, some days are still difficult and it make us jealous to know that the women at daycare get him when he is usually the happiest…during the day. Although, I do have to say our little boy is a happy one. He is also very serious. We like to think that he is concentrating on figure things in the world out.
On his first day at daycare, I went to visit mid-day and he was fast asleep in the swing. It was really funny because he was going at the fastest setting the swing would go. We didn’t think Liam was a huge fan of his swing…little did we know that we just weren’t turning the speed up fast enough…haha!
We have also learned that now that Liam is in daycare, our evenings are filled with nothing but preparations for the next day! Bottles, diapers, and clothes!
I have learned that pictures of Liam will now fill my desk. I have also learned that I can get up at 5am and still not make it to work on time! Sometimes the day cannot go fast enough and sometimes it seems as if I just dropped him off. Some days are easier to leave him there than others, but I still get a thrill at the end of each day when I know it is time to go pick him up.
Liam has had a busy 2 weeks! He is adjusting well and we think he looks forward to his weekends just as much as we do. He got to meet my best friend Grace this past weekend and boy did he love it! Grace, it was so great to see you and Justin these past few weekend! We can’t wait until next time! :)
Liam is already a veteran of UK Football tailgating…especially Gate 11 and at the Dixon House! :)
This weekend he also met 4 month old, Trey, the son of our friends Whit & Melissa. We are sure they will be lifelong friends and Cats fans!
Liam loves his mobile that is connected to his crib. He can lay for awhile and just watch it. It is amazing. He has also recently started batting at the toys hanging from his car seat. It is really neat to watch him learn how to use his hands.
As I look back at pictures, I can’t believe how much Liam has already changed. He looks like a completely different baby than when he was first born.
Tomorrow, Brock and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary tomorrow! I can’t believe it has been two years! Happy Anniversary to you too Christy and Mike!
Needless to say, our transition to daycare has been smooth and we are all doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment