Sunday, October 5, 2008

Past two week update and A heavy heart! :(

Liam had his first and second trip Falmouth, KY these past few weeks. Brock went on a business trip to Atlanta so we went to Falmouth for a few days. Liam must have been excited for the first trip because he would not rest so I could pack up everything. It took us 5 hours for me to get on the road…haha! This last trip to Falmouth was Liam’s first trip to the Kentucky Wool Festival! Liam was such a good boy and I know he enjoyed meeting everyone and spending more time with Mamaw Cindy, Papaw Jack, his aunts, uncle, and cousins! Everyone says that Liam makes these faces and that he looks like his daddy. I am sure this is one of those faces!
Liam also attended his 2nd UK Football tailgate. He had a great time at the tailgate. Here he is with Markey! He enjoyed spending time with M, Mary Keene, and Andrew afterward! They colored pictures for Liam.
I have to share a few other pictures with you. Which by the way…I am not sure what mothers did before digital cameras! I would have wasted more film trying to capture his smile!

These next few pictures were taken about a week ago. Liam was enjoying his swing so much that he fell asleep! Usually before Liam wakes up he puts his arms straight up in the air. The funny part this time was that he put them both out in the air and kept them like that for about 5 or 10 minutes while he was sleeping. It was so funny and I thought you all would think this picture was just too cute!!!
Liam tried to help dad cheer the UK football team to another victory against number 2 ranked Alabama this past weekend. That didn’t go over so well. I am sure they will try again next week. Go CATS!!!

Liam is getting so big! He now weighs about 11 pounds! We had a 2 month check up last week and Liam was such a big boy when it came to getting his shots. Bless his little heart. I can’t believe he is two months old and it’s time for me to go back to work. We will usually try to make this blog just about Liam, but I must mention a few things I have on my mind.


With a heavy heart I write as I prepare to go back to work and send Liam to day care for the first time. I obviously think of all of you mothers that have chosen to do this. I know that every mother wishes they could stay at home and hold their little one as long as possible. I commend those women for doing just that. I know that some women want to stay at home and take care of their little ones…some don’t have the opportunity, and some realize that they are better mothers for working. Not sure where I exactly fit in. so bear with me as I try to figure it out.

I know that my first day back will be hard (even though I try to tell myself that I will be fine). Many of you may or may not know that I have separation anxiety. AND I am not just talking about from my little guy…I mean everything…like the cases of college papers & notes we have in the basement, clothes that are so outdated I know I would not wear them or possibly fit in them now…not to mention my trophies! Participation trophies, pageant trophies, and even my Bass Master’s Children’s Fishing tournament trophies. These items are next on my list to go through and probably finally say goodbye to them (Brock can only hope).

However, as most of you know if these items are that difficult for me to part with…you can only imagine how I will feel tomorrow. Not that I am comparing this to any of that…just thought I would help you understand. My first day back to work excites me on one hand and devastates me on the other. I think I have prepared Liam for his first day of school. I believe that day care is fundamentally a wonderful thing for children. From my experience working in a day care I know that he will learn so much and develop into such a wonderful little boy. I guess it is just about realizing that things will never be the same as these first few weeks, but I guess that is just part of it. God gives you these little blessings and then forces you to deal with and learn as they grow.

So…hopefully this transition will be smooth and I can post another blog soon. Until then please know that Liam will probably make this transition much better than his parental units! Haha ~Loves to all!

2 comments:

Madara Family said...

Good luck going back to work Ravin! Liam is such an adorable baby and you guys have done such a great job being parents- you will find your 'place' for being a mommy and doing what's right.... and Liam feels so much love and that's really all that matters!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all week knowing it would be a hard week. I'm proud of you and already love that child like he's another "Woody and Jill" nephew!!! :) Lots of love to you all!!