Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What a monumental night...
Ravin, Liam, and I sat with Lacy and Nathan and watched the election results tonight. As the night crept on, my awareness of how truly monumental this Obama victory grew. To think of how so many gave blood, sweat, and tears not to reach this point necessarily, but to just reach some form of equality for all races and ethnicities is beyond my comprehension. I am overwhelmed with happiness for those people. I am so proud of my country, not that my candidate won, but that we have finally turned a corner. I can only hope that as we move forward, the divisions that exist even after the civil rights movement can finally be broken down and that we can truly start living as one nation where the American dream is not reserved for a select few, but for everyone. We are so happy that Liam was able to experience this night, even though he was not aware of it nor will he remember it. We must all join together to raise this country back to the greatness that it was destined to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment